Privacy and Data Protection Policy
Your privacy is our priority
We understand that storing your details is a major responsibility. For this reason, we can assure you that protecting the information that you give us is a top priority for us.
|Basic information on data protection|
|Person responsible||Falcorent SL|
|Purpose||– Manage the contractual relationship that involves the rental of the vehicle.|
– Manage and invoice the rental of the vehicle.
– Management of possible incidents, including damage caused during the vehicle rental period.
– Manage administrative procedures and communications that may arise from the contractual relationship.
– Fleet control and vehicle security.
– Preparation of statistical reports with dissociated data (anonymous)
|Legal justification||– Contractual: provision of service, control and maintenance.|
– Compliance with legal obligations (traffic offenses, police requirements)
|Disclosure||Personal details will not be disclosed to third parties, unless there is a legal obligation to do so.|
|Rights||You have the right to access, rectify and delete your details, and other rights which are explained in the section ‘Further information on data protection’.|
|Source||Details obtained directly from the customer|
|Further information||You can find further detailed information on Data Protection in the section ‘Further information on data protection ’.|
Additional Information Regarding Data Protection
Who is responsible for processing your personal data?
Company: Falcorent SL
Registro Mercantil of Baleares, Folio 40 of the volume 649, Boork 564 of the General Section, 3ª of Societies, Page number14.535, Inscription 1ª and provided with C.I.F. B-07225071
Address: Carrer Duc Estremera,7 – 07181 Palmanova
What is the purpose of processing your personal data?
In compliance with what is established by the EU general data protection regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) will take effect on 25 May 2018, as well as any applicable national law, we would like to inform you that in Falcorent SL we process the personal data that you provide for the following purposes:
a. Your registration as a Falcò rent customer and providing you with a driver ID.
This processing is necessary to identify you and to prepare and facilitate your bookings and rentals with us.
b. The booking and the management of your vehicle rental:
- to confirm your booking;
- to modify or cancel your booking;
- to correspond with you in relation to your booking or rental (e.g. to provide you with information on your booking or rental, to send you reminder notices before your check-in / check-out times; to respond to your questions or suggestions);
- to verify your identity and to carry out credit and fraud prevention checks prior to releasing a vehicle to you at the start of your rental. We may obtain information about you from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies to assess creditworthiness and prevent fraud and other criminal activity. This information may include a search that will appear on your credit report and be visible to other credit providers. Please see section 3 for further details of the agencies and databases we access or contribute to and how this information may be used. Further information is available on request;
- to manage your rental (including delivery and return of the vehicle);
- to manage your invoices;
- to manage any payment of arrears;
- to manage any disputes;
- to manage any claims or recover any losses relating to your vehicle rental including the recovery of or damage to our vehicles.
This processing is necessary for the performance of any rental agreement that is concluded between you and us and also to support our legitimate interests.
c. Payment purposes
This processing is necessary for the performance of any rental agreement and to support our legitimate interests.
d. Improvement of our products and services on the basis of:
• customer surveys or questionnaires you have completed or taken part in;
• the recording of your rental history to suggest pre-selected options when looking for new bookings or rentals.
This processing, for the purpose of obtaining a better understanding of your needs and offering you customized functions to enhance your experience of our products and services, is based on our legitimate interest.
e. The operation of our live web chat to provide you with online assistance when making your booking or reservation and any associated online services.
This processing, based on our legitimate interest, allows us to personalise our services for you and improve the service we offer notably through answering your queries in a timely manner.
f. Promotional and marketing activities, namely:
g. the sending of emails about a booking you did not complete or sending you a summary about a booking enquiry;
When you give us permission to do so we will process your information for direct marketing purposes, i.e. any commercial message from us aiming at promoting our products and/ services. This processing is subject to your express consent.
By exception, if you are already an existing customer and the message concerns products and/or services similar to those you have already purchased, the underlying processing will not be based on your consent but on our continuing legitimate interest. You can withdraw your consent to such processing at any time – please see section 5(b)(v) of this Policy.
h. The management of fines and penalties, in particular:
• to transfer information to the police or other enforcement agencies or issuing authorities to enable them to identify the driver (or potential driver) of our vehicle in the event of a driving offence or suspected driving offence;
• to transfer information to public or private enforcement agencies for the purpose of addressing Parking Notices, alleged or actual breaches of contract and associated fines.
This processing is either required by law or carried out to support our legitimate interests.
i. Cookies Policy
We carry out certain processing of your personal information through “cookies” and other tracers collected every time you visit our website.
You can accept or reject these cookies and other tracers by following the instructions provided in our Cookies Policy.
This processing is governed by our Cookies Policy, which we encourage you to review.
3. DATA RETENTION PERIOD
How long will we keep your data?
Your booking and your vehicle rental
Information that may evidence a right or a rental agreement, or information that must be kept in compliance with a legal requirement will be retained in accordance with applicable legal provisions and for a period that does not exceed the time that is necessary for the purposes for which it is retained.
Upon effective completion of the payment.
▪ Payment card information
Payment card information (excluding the visual cryptogram):
▪ that may evidence a payment (i.e. card number and date of validity) will be retained for a period of 13 months following the effective date of any relevant payment made from the credit card and will be used only if the transaction is disputed;
When the payment card is expired related information will, in any event, be deleted.
Please check our Cookies Policy
Payment of fines
For the time necessary to identify the driver (or the potential driver) liable for the alleged or actual offence leading to the fine.
Relevant information can be retained for a period of up to 12 months after receipt of the fine subject to our intermediate archiving policy.
The management and update of an internal register (‘Watchlist’) of customers presenting certain business risks, namely:
1. ayment incidents which have given rise to legal proceedings
· until the debt is cleared
2. theft of a vehicle by you or any criminal or alleged criminal activity involving the vehicle whilst in your control
3. vehicle accidents or repeated damage caused by you
· 5 years from the occurrence of the event that resulted in the customer details being included on the Watchlist
4. damage caused deliberately or negligently by you
· 5 years from the occurrence of the event that resulted in the customer details being included on the Watchlist
5. abusive behavior or inappropriate conduct towards our employees or agents
· 5 years or permanently depending on the specific circumstances.
What is the legitimation for the processing of your personal data?
The legitimation basis for the processing of your personal data consists of:
The legal basis that constitutes the processing of your personal data for the processing of stated in section 2 above is based on the execution of a contract with Falcò rent with respect to the other services that you have requested.
Likewise, the legal basis for the processing of your personal data for the processing stated in sections is based on the express consent that you grant for each purpose during the collection of the personal data that you provide through the vehicle bookings.
If a customer incurs a traffic fine during the rental period, Falcò rent is legally obliged to identify the customer and supply his/her personal details to the authorities, so that the customer will receive details of the fine imposed at his/her home address and can proceed to pay it.
Who receives your personal data?
• to authorised personnel within our company or any person appointed for the purposes of fulfilling your rental booking and supplying associated services;
• to third party IT service providers for technical purposes in order to help us provide you with our products and services.
Your personal data will be provided to third parties in order to process the payment of the reservations booked (i.e. banking or financing institutions that own the payment methods used, payment gateways).
• to law enforcement bodies and other public and private sector bodies for the purposes of dealing with alleged, or actual, road traffic or driving offences and/or associated fines; and private parking companies dealing with alleged or actual breaches of contract;
• to fraud prevention agencies who will use it to verify your identity and to prevent fraud and money-laundering
Additionally, Falcò rent can provide your data to insurance companies for the management and processing of damages incurred during the rental period.
What are your rights when you provide your personal data to us and how can you exercise them?
You have the right to access your personal data, as well as to request the modification of incorrect data or, if appropriate, request its elimination when the data is not necessary anymore for the purposes they were collected for, among others.
In certain circumstances, you can request the limitation on the processing of your data, in which case we will only keep it for the exercise or claim defense.
In certain circumstances and according to your particular situation, you can oppose to the processing of your data. Falcò rent will stop processing the data, except for imperative legitimate reasons, or the exercise or defense of possible claims.
Likewise, you can exercise the right of portability of data, as well as to withdraw the consents granted at any moment, without it affecting the legality of the processing based on the consent before its withdrawal.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, you can contact us by sending a written communication at the address: Carrer del Duc d´Estremera,7 – 07181 Palmanova, Baleares.
The request form to exercise any of your rights must be accompanied by a copy of an official document that identifies you (National Identification Number or accreditation document).
Lastly, we would like to inform you that you can contact the Spanish Data Protection Agency and other competent public entities for any claim derived from processing of your personal data.
The categories of details used are:
• details of identification
Examples: Full name, identity document no. and date of birth.
• postal or electronic adresses
Examples: e-mail address and postal address.
• information on rental booked
Examples: Destination, rental dates and service contracted
Falcò rent is committed to protecting the information it collects through this website.
In particular, Falcò rent uses the appropriate physical, technical and organizational security measures to prevent unauthorized or illegal treatment, accidental loss or destruction, or damage to your personal data. Falcò rent systems are configured with data encryption, or encryption technologies, and industry standard firewalls. When you submit personal information to a Falcò rent website over the internet, your data is protected by Transport Layer Security (TLS) technology to ensure secure transmission. Any credit card transaction that you make through the Falcò rent websites is carried out using Secure Server Technology. This technology mainly: a. Secure your browser so that your data is sent to the correct computer server and that the server is secure; b. encrypts the data, so that nobody can read it, except the secure server; c. Check the data that is transferred to ensure that it has not been modified.
How have we obtained your data?
Normally, we always obtain the data directly from the client.
When you make a reservation or request a quote, we require identification and contact information.
Falcò rent does not prepare a customer profile with the personal data you have provided us with and the information about your rentals with us.